This morning I woke up with a raging migraine. It was unusual as I rarely get them anymore but knowing that I can stop them in their tracks is truly a miracle for me. I was able to make it go away in 20 minutes by meditating. It wasn’t always like this for me though.
I had suffered from this excruciating disease for 30 years of my life. It ruled my world and caused me to miss out on so much of life because I would have to hide out in a dark room for hours and sometimes days. At one point I had one on and off for 8 months straight and cycled through 3 different neurologists who pumped me up on all sorts of pills to try to help. Nothing worked. They told me I would suffer for life and there was no cure.
In early 2012, I decided to prove them wrong. But more importantly, prove it to myself that I had the power within to heal. With my intention and commitment to the process I started meditating. I sat down everyday, went within and before I knew it, the chronic migraines were gone. What I realized was that it was my past, stuck emotions that were causing the disease. I became fascinated with exploring this topic and led me to become a certified hypnotherapist and learn all I can about working with the unconscious mind to heal the past. Science is proving the benefits of meditation and other ways to work within like hypnosis and their power to create a better life.
My meditation teacher, Dr. Joe Dispenza says, “Most change starts with the simple process of something outside of us altering something inside of us. If you begin the inward journey and start to change your inner world of thoughts and feelings, it should create an improved state of well-being. If you keep repeating the process in meditation, then in time, epigenetic changes should begin to alter your outer presentation—and you become your own placebo.”
In short, your inner world creates your outer world. With Dr. Joe’s work and my knowledge of using hypnosis to engage the Law of Attraction, I’ve also created my beautiful life in sunny Southern California; a life this east coast girl never could have imagined she’d be living! I’ve manifested homes, cash when I needed it, vibrant health and honest relationships with those on a similar journey who are waking up to their power within to create an incredible world!
Worry and stress about the things I can’t control have diminished and are among the other countless benefits I’ve also experienced. I live each day knowing that the challenges placed in my path are their to help me grow and learn more about myself. I’m been able to peel away the layers of low self-worth and all of the blocks that keep me from living a fulfilled life.
There are so many different ways to meditate and engage your unconscious mind to create a truly happy life. If I can do this, anyone can. It just takes commitment to the process and your willingness to be fully honest with yourself and do the work it takes to get your there. Here’s a simple way you can get started.
1. Find your favorite relaxing music. I recommend binaural beats and brainwave entrainment music as these have been proven to get the left and right brain communicating to each other which helps the body become more coherent and start moving into wholeness.
2. Find a quiet space where you will not be disturbed.
3. Sit down in a way that is comfortable for you, close your eyes and start with some deep breathing as you connect your body and mind.
4. Begin to repeat a mantra or word in your mind to help keep you in the present moment. Use something that doesn’t have meaning to you and has no potential to be emotionally charged. Making up your own word out of gibberish is the best way to do this!
5. Repeat this mantra for about 20 minutes. Anytime you find your mind drifting, simply bring yourself back the present and your mantra. It’s totally normal that your mind will drift so don’t get frustrated by this.
6. Before you open your eyes, flood yourself with feelings of anything you can think of in your life that makes you feel grateful. I do this to the point that I’m in tears now because of the rush of good feelings this practice gives me!
The source of power to become the creator of your reality is all inside. Commit to yourself and the work it takes to get you to where you want to be and watch the magic unfold in your life!